In short, Hydrogen Valley Estonia is a complete and nationwide systems development that will accelerate the energy transition and independency of the whole country under the motto: ‘from zero to green.’ In the coming six years, hydrogen production will be developed at least six regions in the country. Parallel to that, transport and storage infrastructure is developed, including import and export terminal infrastructure, fuelling stations and storage facilities.
Start of project development
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PHASE
- Business model/business case development
- Regulatory provisions
- Political backing and buy-in
- Experienced staff
- Project's business case
COMMERCIAL AND FINANCING PHASE
- Applying for public subsidy/grant schemes
- Securing private investors
- Securing public financial support (subsidy/grant)
- Securing customer commitments to de-risk the financial model
N.A.: Not available. This is possible due to two reasons: a) the Hydrogen Valley chose to not publicly display the data or b) the Hydrogen Valley did not answer the specific question in the associated survey.