The Ports of Flanders hydrogen valley is a cross-sectoral collaboration between the Port of Antwerp-Bruges, North Sea Port, Port Oostende, several industrial players located in the area and the national gas TSO.
Start of project development
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PHASE
- Permitting and authorization procedures
- Political backing and buy-in
- Local public acceptance
- Project's business case
Mindset and stamina
COMMERCIAL AND FINANCING PHASE
- Applying for public subsidy/grant schemes
- Securing public financial support (subsidy/grant)
- Putting a de-risking framework in place
- Securing customer commitments to de-risk the financial model
N.A.: Not available. This is possible due to two reasons: a) the Hydrogen Valley chose to not publicly display the data or b) the Hydrogen Valley did not answer the specific question in the associated survey.