It consists of a Solar PV Hydrogen production plant in Central California. The project, promoted by H2B2, will be a pioneer in the world, from both technical and commercial point of view, and consists in the construction, financing and operation of a 100% renewable hydrogen production plant with PEM technology, with a nameplate capacity of up to 3,000 kg/day, using renewable energy from a photovoltaic plant.
Start of project development
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PHASE
- Business model/business case development
- Technological readiness/technological performance (e.g. availability, efficiency, duration/lifetime)
- Permitting and authorization procedures
Understanding local rules and regulations. Having good relationships with the AHJs.
- Political backing and buy-in
- Experienced staff
- Project's business case
- Project's governance model
COMMERCIAL AND FINANCING PHASE
N.A.: Not available. This is possible due to two reasons: a) the Hydrogen Valley chose to not publicly display the data or b) the Hydrogen Valley did not answer the specific question in the associated survey.